Have your child do a little studying on why the American Revolution happened.
- What was the real reason the Boston Tea Party happened
- Why exactly did all that tea get dumped into the harbor.
- Who were the figures involved, and where did they live?
- What were their professions outside of being Rebels against the British Monarchy?
This brings a number of things together, it allows your student to learn about history in a manner that makes it real for your child. It allows for a lesson in economics, in geography and then what were viable professions in the mid 1700's.
Now, to tie that into our current era with Bullying.
- What are reasons that your child might see another child bullied.
- Can you compare and contrast these with the Colonists here in America?
- Where might they turn to in the case of bullying that the colonists couldn't as it was a much larger scale.
- What might drive someone into bullying – physical, financial and emotional.
- How would someone or something being different maybe scare an individual or group into behavior that is considered less than acceptable in any other situation?